The original Cedar Point Lighthouse was built in 1839. The lighthouse was built to help boats in the lake see where the shore of the peninsula was so they could dock their boats safely. The lighthouse was rebuilt in 1853. The winds are very strong on Lake Erie witch caused the fist two lighthouses to fall into disrepair.
Cedar Point bought the lighthouse for the United States Government in 1990. When Cedar Point bought the lighthouse, it was in bad shape. Thru the 1990's Cedar Point restored the lighthouse.
The lighthouse is really cool to get to see. It brings charm to the area and makes it feel like a magical place. The lighthouse is the oldest building at Cedar Point. It is great to see the lighthouse in its full glory!
Historic photos by Cedar Point. Modern photos by Jake Hamons.
Last Updated: 12/14/2018